I love this Zucchini Bread recipe. Here’s why…
- Little B will eat it and he doesn’t even know there are veggies in it….score 1 for Mom!
- It’s easy and quick to make.
- It’s cheap to make it…most of the ingredients I have on hand and I just got several zucchini on sale from the grocery store.
- It can be frozen to use later.
- It’s sooooooo good! 🙂
Have I made my point? 🙂
ZUCCHINI BREAD (adapted from this recipe)
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 small to medium zucchini)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans (OR use 6 mini loaves – I used stoneware mini loaf pans). Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes (30 to 40 minutes for mini loaf pans), or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.