One of my new favorite clubs I’ve recently joined is a local Cookbook Club. We meet once a month at someone’s house and bring all the recipes we’ve made to share with everyone. Then, we talk a little about that month’s cookbook/theme/website and do a lot of “mmm…this is good!” and “mmm…what is in this?”
A cookbook club is similar to a book club in that we choose a cookbook/theme/type of food each month from which we try new/old recipes. I thought it would be fun to offer the opportunity for those in the blog world to join in on some cookbook club adventures.
Each month, I will post a theme and discussion questions. Then, participants can link up to a blog post with photos, recipes, and answer discussion questions to share their experience.
If you’d like to join the fun, here’s what to do:
- Check out the cookbook/theme/website we will be cooking from below.
- Pick out your recipe and make it for yourself, family, or friends.
- Take photos of your recipe.
- Create a blog post with your recipe, photos, and answers to the discussion questions below.
- Include a link in your post back to this post.
- Link your blog post below.
- Check out and comment on other Cookbook Club posts.
- You’re Done!
Theme: Make a recipe using your favorite spice.
Q1: What is your favorite spice and what recipe did you make with it?
Q2: Where did your recipe come from?
Q3: Did you like/dislike your recipe? What about it did you like/dislike? Did your family like/dislike?
Q4: Did you learn any new cooking techniques while making this recipe?
Q5: Anything interesting about your favorite spice? Feel free to Google a fact to share!
Q6: Would you make this recipe again?